Saturday, February 19, 2011

Featured Artist: Andrea Doss

Meet Andrea Doss, my second featured artist! Born and raised in Texas, she still calls the Lone Star State home. Andrea sells locally in Fort Worth as well as online at her Etsy shop Andralynn Creative Designs. Did you know she can bend her left arm backwards? No, really... she can!

Funny Hat by Andrea Doss

Andrea says she's been drawing and painting since she could walk. "I started drawing on the walls as soon as I could get my hands on a pencil. My mom didn't appreciate my wild creativity, and had me using paper as soon as she could. That's when I started pasting my work to the walls. Yeah. That didn't go over too well either." Her formal training came from just a few classes in college. She settled on English (don't we all?), so most of her experience comes from painting on her own. "I actually started painting storybook paintings to go along with the stories I told to my nieces and nephews. They would practically beg me to tell them another adventure story, and, of course, they wanted to see the characters I was describing to them, too."

Bedtime Story by Andrea Doss

Andrea enjoys working with acrylics the best "because it's so forgiving when you make a mistake and the clean up is quick and easy." Ain't that the truth!
Watching Fireflies by Andrea Doss


Besides her own work, her home is filled with her niece's photographs, her brother's robot sculptures, and her daughter's color and shape studies. She enjoys classics, such as Van Gogh, Monet, and Rembrandt, but also loves "indie, creative people who aren't afraid to show their own style and individuality," especially some she's seen and met on Etsy (including me?! really?! I'm honored!).

Sunday Stroll by Andrea Doss

Andrea is currently working on a children's book "that is in a perpetual state of incompleteness that will be done sometime in the unforeseeable future." While we're waiting on that, make sure you check out her Etsy shop - you won't be disappointed!

Andralynn Creative Designs


1 comment: