Friday, March 4, 2011

Featured Artist: Leif Erik Johansen

Meet Leif (Erik) Johansen from Asheville, Nortrh Carolina. Erik is a self-taught artist who enjoys experimenting with a variety of materials. "I like to take a playful and unpretentious approach to my art. I chose to paint because it's a way for me to express myself in a way that is not easily put into words."

Happy Couple by Leif Eric Johansen

Erik has been painting since he was a child and says, “I have a proclivity towards twisted abstract characters, but as I continue to experiment and learn new, invariably I come up with new ideas and new styles which I hope gives me depth and diversity as an artist. Furthermore, I have never wanted to ‘typecast’ or ‘pigeonhole’ myself as a particular type of artist...I like to leave room for growth and learning.”
Link by Leif Erik Johansen

You can find Erik’s work in various places, such as his website leiferikjohansen.com and Terra Bistro Restaurant in Vail, Colorado. He’s working on a solo show at Hollingsworth Gallery in Palm Coast, Florida, as well as displaying his art at Zambra Restaurant in Asheville. 

The Secret by Leif Erik Johansen
Erik lists his favorite artists as Picasso, Miro, Jesse Reno, Erik Otto, and Blaine Fontana. He considers commissions, so be sure to contact him.
The Conformists by Leif Erik Johansen

Check out Erik:
EleMentalStudios on Etsy
and leiferikjohansen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment